PB Cookies!!!

PB Cookies!!!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Restaurant Review – Ruggles Green in Houston Tx

When on a recent trip to Houston, I tried a place suggested by one of our party and touted as having lots of gluten-free options.  We showed up at the jam-packed Ruggles Green in the Rice Village area.  The line to order was out the door…which caused a bit of anxiety due to the rainy weather.  When I got the menu, I immediately noticed the wealth of gluten free options…tacos…pizza…burgers.  I had a hard time deciding but settled on a fish taco, cream brulee and house shiraz.  After we ordered, we struggled to find a place to sit in the bustling restaurant.  We finally found a spot tucked onto the covered patio.  We were lucky as it started pouring rain not to soon afterwards.  The food was amazing.  My tacos had a lightly spicy chipotle sauce and radish sprouts complemented them nicely.  The shiraz was really good and the cream brulee was presented well.  This stop will defiantly be on my list next time I make it down to Houston.  Check out their website for more awesome options. 



1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful!! I'm so glad Jo Ann suggested it. Definitely a do-again when we go back to Houston!

    ReplyDelete