PB Cookies!!!

PB Cookies!!!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Club Soda and Psyllium Husk

 
I wanted to share this great idea that I first learned of from Shauna Ahern of Gluten Free Girl.  Her site has been my go-to resources for great inspirations in the gluten free cooking world.  I also have and love her latest cookbook: Gluten Free Girl and the Chef.  It has my well-loved gluten free pasta recipe.  Ok returning from that tangent, I was exploring how to make tasty gluten-free bread last summer (because most of it is horrid) and was exploring the black hole of making a gluten-free sourdough starter.  After several odd-tasting attempts at a sourdough boule, I set this attempt on my mental bookshelf for a later date.  However, in that process I learned about 2 new techniques that create an elastic gluten free dough with decent hole structure.  The first was to substitute club soda in place of water in the recipe and the second was to replace the xanthium gum and guar gum with psyllium husk.  Here is a video explaining why psyllium husk is such a good and cheap ingredient:

No comments:

Post a Comment