PB Cookies!!!

PB Cookies!!!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Italian antipasto style chickpea salad

I stole and modified this recipe (in the book called: Chickpea Lunchbox Salad) from Salads by Elsa Petersen-Schepelern. I thought all my fellow foodies would appreciate this. It is out of this world!

1 15oz can rinsed chickpeas
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
4 oz marinated artichoke hearts
4 oz roasted red peppers in oil (chopped)
2-4 oz sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
about 20-30 cherry/grape tomatoes (halved or quartered)
about 6-8 green onions (chopped)
4 basil leaves (chiffanod)
a handful of green or black chopped olives (chopped)
5-10 capers (optional)
a large handful of parsley (chopped)
1 cup shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
1-2 finely minced garlic cloves
a pinch of oregano or thyme (optional)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavors meld.
MMMM...I think I just made the BEST meal I have ever had!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this one sounds so good! I'm gonna have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete